PART-TIME Payroll Clerk
Procurevis, Inc. is a procurement strategy, solutions and consulting firm for the Federal Government. We have masterfully blended the components of a procurement support, recruitment, and management consulting firm, which embodies the entire life-cycle of procurement. Procurevis is committed to providing expert, results-driven, professional services to the defense, intelligence, and civilian community. We specialize in supporting clients engaged in the acquisition and management of information technology, engineering, logistics, complex weaponry, systems, and solutions.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Clerk for our growing office in Waldorf, Maryland. The Payroll Clerk works to provide support and assistance to the Accounting Department. This is a part time non –exempt position working 20 hours a week. The Payroll Clerk position is accountable for collecting timekeeping information, incorporating a variety of deductions into a semi-monthly payroll schedule, and issuing pay and pay related information to employees
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
Organization & Management
- Maintain all electronic and physical files.
- Update all checklists.
- Update time & attendance log.
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Records changes affecting net wages, for example exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Timesheet Management.
- Collect and ensure the accuracy of all timesheets and monthly status reports.
- Scan, copy, and file all timesheets and monthly status reports.
- Send received/missing email to management.
- Maintain and record leave usage of employees.
- Process all leave request forms.
- Draft email notification of status.
- Submit daily report to management.
- Ensure the accuracy of all new hire files.
- Assist with audits.
- Assist with maintaining payroll additions and deductions database.
- Assist with review of semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Assist with review/distribution of W-2 and 1099 forms at year end.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Compiles payroll data, and enters data or computes and post wages, and reconciles errors, to maintain payroll records, using computer.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions, using calculator, and post to payroll records.
- Prepare and issue paychecks.
- May also prorate expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepare periodic reports of earning, taxes, and deductions.
- Monitor processes/policies such as AWS, PTO, timesheet and monthly report submission, etc.
- Report any compliance issues to management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) y ears related experience in a computerized accounting environment.
- Proven ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Working Knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Ability to communicate clearly, timely, and accurately.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
- Experience using QuickBooks.
Click HERE to fill out our Online Application.