Procurevis, Inc. is a procurement strategy, solutions and consulting firm for the Federal Government. We have masterfully blended the components of a procurement support, recruitment, and management consulting firm, which embodies the entire life-cycle of procurement. Procurevis is committed to providing expert, results-driven, professional services to the defense, intelligence, and civilian community. We specialize in supporting clients engaged in the acquisition and management of information technology, engineering, logistics, complex weaponry, systems, and solutions.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant professional for our growing office in Waldorf, Maryland. The Administrative Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and/or managers and supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering, screening and transferring phone calls
- Receiving and directing visitors and clients
- Handling general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- Must maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieving documents from filing system
- Handling requests for information and data
- Resolving administrative problems and inquiries
- Preparing written responses to routine enquiries
- Preparing and modifying documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Preparing agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Recording, compiling, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming correspondence
- Maintaining office supply inventories
- Coordinating maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinating and maintaining records for staff
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- A least 2-4 years of related work experience as an Administrative Assistant
- At least 1 year experience as a receptionist answering multiple phone lines
- Excellent organizational abilities to handle multiple tasks, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines
- Willingness to contribute to the team by working collaboratively and proactively and on multi-functional teams
- Must have excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Must have attention to detail
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new programs and computer skills as necessary
- Superior level of organization and attention to detail in data entry, drafting, reviewing, and proofing documents, emails, and other communications.
- Excellent spelling, grammar and written communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documents
- Self-directed problem solver
- The ability to work independently
- Work experience in a federal or government contracting sector
Click HERE to fill out our Online Application.